OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
Hughes Chauffeured Vehicles and its Operators are not common carriers and may refuse to carry any person or goods without giving reasons. Each Operator is responsible only for transport or services provided by it and has no liability for any other transport or services.
If the transport or service is purchased with a credit card, purchaser agrees to make payment in full when billed or in extended payments in accordance with the standard policy of the issuer of the credit card.
Operators may, without notice, substitute means of transport or service suppliers.
Industrial disputes, route restrictions, unsuitable weather, road works and unforeseen acts of nature may necessitate cancellation or delay of transport or services.
Subject to the terms, Operators have no responsibility for costs or losses including missed travel connections, resulting from diversion, substitution, alterations, cancellations, delays or booking errors.
Passengers must comply with all laws and regulations and with the instructions of the Operator and its representatives.
Except as otherwise provided by these terms, and to the extent permitted by law: (a) Operators are not liable for death of or injury to any person, for loss or damage to luggage or goods, for delay, or for consequential or other loss of any kind, arising directly or indirectly from negligence or omission or some other cause in connection with provision or non-provision of any transport or services and (b) No agent or Operator is liable for inaccuracy in any information concerning transport services or their prices.
OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
All rates are inclusive of GST and are charged per hour, per vehicle, and for Direct Transfers unless fixed prices are quoted. Rates do not include:- ground transportation charges such as Airport parking, credit card fees, booking fees and collection fees, Tolls, Telephone usage, Baby seats or any special requests.
Public Holiday Surcharge
25% surcharge applies to rates on following Public Holidays:- Good Friday, Easter Monday, Anzac Day, Queen’s Birthday, Boxing Day, Labor Day and Foundation day and New Years Day. 25% surcharge applies to rate on Christmas Day.
After Hours Surcharge
25% Surcharge applies for all vehicle type bookings between midnight and 06:00.
Multiple Pickup/Set Down
A charge will apply for all extra pickup/set downs required en route. Maximum divert time allowed per extra pickup/set down is 10 minutes. If extra pickup/set downs are not en route or take longer than 10 minutes, additional charges will apply. Sedan and Mini Vans $10.00, Coaches and Stretch’s $20.00
Credit Card Surcharge
A credit card surcharge of 3.5% will apply on AMEX and DINERS cards and 2% on VISA and MASTERCARD.
Waiting Time Policy
No extra charges are to be levied for flight delays, maximum of 1⁄2 hour is allowed for passengers to connect with the chauffeur once their flight has landed.
For transfers to the airport, the free waiting time allowance is 15 minutes from the booked pick up time. If the passenger makes the vehicle wait longer than 15 minutes, waiting time at $20.00 per 15 minutes (or part thereof) will be charged.
Any amendments to your booking after confirmation can only be accepted subject to availability. Hughes Chauffeured Vehicle reserves the right to charge an amendment fee in respect of any change to your booking, in addition to any other applicable charges in relation to the amendment.
Cancellations will be accepted prior to booked pick-up time. A minimum charge of one hour will apply where:
- Cancellationsaremadewithlessthan2hoursnoticepriortothedispatchofthevehiclefor Sedans or Mini Vans.
- Cancellations are made with less than 24 hours notice for coaches and stretch limousines.
- Or bookings where the passengers fail to arrive or make contact with the chauffeur or GTS office.
- Cancellations for Weddings, School Balls and Special events – refer to special terms and conditions.
In the event of extra charges or extensions (refer below) the passenger is to immediately pay the extra charged to the chauffeur upon completion of transfer or the charges will be applied to the credit card provided for applicable bookings.
You are responsible for any charges levied by the operator in respect of extra time in the event that your booking does not run to schedule. This includes any extra charges levied where you choose to extend the duration of your booking and include charges for flight and/or traffic delays.
WEDDINGS TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
There is a minimum hire of 4 hours on all wedding bookings. After wedding transfers are provided as ‘straight transfers’ and do not include any waiting time.
- Weddings are calculated from the time of arrival at the point of first pick up until the final drop off.
- Weddings outside the metropolitan area (boundary to be advised upon request) will incur a loading for the additional travelling time.
- A 25% deposit is required within 7 days of your booking request. The balance must be paid at least 30 days prior to the wedding date.
- Any overtime past the specified duration of the booking will be charge at the appropriate hourly rates in 15 minutes increments.
- All wedding vehicles (excluding ‘straight transfers’) can be supplied with white ribbons and red carpet. Should specific decorations be required, other than what we have available, these are required to be supplied by the client. They will be returned upon completion of the vehicle hire.
- All prices are subject to change without notice. However, if a deposit has been received, the agreed rate at the time of receipt of the deposit will be honoured. All prices are inclusive of GST.
- In the event of a booking cancellation deposits are fully refundable if more than 30 days notice less a $100 administration fee. Deposits on bookings cancelled with less than 30 days notice will only be refunded if the vehicle is rebooked for the same time and date
- The vehicles in the brochures/photos supplied are to demonstrate the quality and range of our fleet. The company reserves its right to substitute alternative vehicles to those booked or shown in the brochure, at its discretion, in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Other Conditions of Bookings
Food & Beverages Consumption: Food and Beverages are not to be consumed in any vehicle.
Damage to Vehicle: you are responsible for any charge levied by an Operator in respect of any damage caused to a vehicle as a direct result of your booking. You will not be responsible for payment where damage was caused by the actions of any employee of the Operator. In all cases, the driver of any vehicle will have the discretion to stop the vehicle and disembark those passengers engaging in unacceptable or unruly behaviour.
Smoking: Smoking in not permitted by law in any vehicle.
Pets: No pets are permitted in any vehicles.
Quotation: Prices are current at the time of quotation and subject to availability at the time of booking. All quoted prices include GST. The operator reserves the right to pass on, without notice, any increases that may occur in any applicable airport charges, road tolls, entry fees or parking charges.
Airport delays/ on location waiting: in regard to airport pick ups, Hughes will monitor all aircraft movement. If passengers are delayed at the arrival terminal additional fees may apply for each additional 15 minutes or part thereby.
Our drivers will at all times drive at safe and sensible speeds as in accordance with legal speed limits, traffic and current road conditions and further more the driver reserves the right to deny access to a venue that they feel may put the passengers and vehicle in an unsafe situation.
It is compulsory by law that all passengers wear seat belts at all times when the vehicle is in motion.
Please be assured that Hughes Chauffeured Vehicles will take every reasonable safeguard to achieve an on time service, however in the unlikely event of our drivers being late due to circumstances howsoever caused, no liability will be accepted by Hughes Chauffeured Vehicles.
We are insured for passenger travel. This insurance is for public liability and NOT travel insurance. Although every effort will be made to ensure the safe keeping of personal property, we do not accept liability for loss of personal items. Please check that you have sufficient coverage for any personal property that you bring onto our vehicles.
Our sedan’s maximum luggage limitations run to 2 normal sized suitcases plus 2 piece of hand luggage/ soft luggage OR 1 large suitcase plus 1 set of Golf clubs and soft luggage. Additional luggage transfer will be a further cost to the client, price on application at the time of booking. No suitcases will be transported inside the passenger area of the vehicle due to safety concerns.
Lost & Found
We shall try to deliver any items left in the vehicle back to the hirer at their expense or they may be collected from our office. We cannot be held responsible for any personal items left in the vehicle during or after hire.
Clients/Passengers acting in an anti-social manner, causing unwarranted distraction to the driver or generally causing concerns regarding safety will be asked to leave the vehicle and seek alternative transport to their destination. No refund will be offered in these circumstances.